Monday, May 19, 2008

Hotter then a Mutha!

So Friday Wanda and I left work early, it was slow and everyone was gone for the day.
It was extremely hot and my air conditioner no longer works in my car. I pick up Kira and start the long Friday night travel of bringing her back to San Jose where she gets picked up for her dad's weekend and then I head back over the hill. Normally it takes about an hour and a half. I notice on the way to take Kira that on the other side of the freeway its backed up past where it normally would be backed up, about ohh, 10 miles!
The heat is now about 92 and it has to be about 99 in the car! We sit and wait for Kira's pickup and we are sweating in crevasses that we didn't know we had. sigh.
After Kira gets picked up I think about heading back to work, just right down the road to get more work done and hang out in the air conditioned building. I some how pass my exit and sit in traffic.
I finally get home and it's almost three hours later. I was exhausted, irritated and sweaty.

Mom, Livie and I left Saturday for Betsy's - right back into the center of the sun basically!!!
It was 102 and again no air conditioning in my car. Betsy's apartment has air and it was heaven when we dragged our tired sweaty asses up her three flights- YES, THREE PAINFUL FLIGHTS of STAIRS!
Alllllllllllllll weekend long I was never cool enough. Not until we got home last night and I tool the coldest shower of my life. The fog rolled in along the coast at about 7:00 pm and it was a welcome friend to me! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tod tells me this morning it is supposed to rain this next weekend! Praise God! He heard my prayers!!!

0 comments: