Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Laden is dead, God bless our troops and our country


It is finally done. Late night on May 1st we started to get reports that our troops had taken him out. Along with him, his son and one of Bin Ladens wives were killed. She was used as a human shield to protect Bin Laden. As I watched the news I was overcome with emotions. The families of 9/11 that had forever been changed, our country that changed that day as well. Our troops that have done so much for so so so long. It was all too much for my brain to handle. I wept in my car on my way to pick up Kira. As I listened to my AM radio to keep up with the breaking details of the events that happened earlier in the night across the nation, I said a prayer to God, "Thank you for taking him off this Earth, thank you for giving us our elite team, for their skills, their training and for their love of their country and to fight the good fight."

The fight on terror will probably NEVER be over, but knowing that the head had been cut off the snake that night..... I slept sound that night.
God bless our men and women who serve and if my grandpa who was a Master Chief Petty Officer in the Navy was alive to see this we would be celebrating with High fives...and maybe a few beers.


0 comments: